Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunny sunny sunny California

Don’t you love living in California? 

When I open that door <3
I mean seriously, take a second to acknowledge how lucky you are for waking up every day in this little piece of paradise, and how lucky you would be to attend Santa Barbara City College if you are a prospective college student. 

Differently from most Californians, I hate the rain. I was born and raised in Milan, a city in Northern Italy where the weather is often foggy, cloudy, and rainy. Summers are hot and sunny, but I would say it is rare to see clear skies when it’s not Summer. 

NOT ME. haha
Since I moved to California I have met several people who claimed that cloudy or rainy weather is relaxing, and that they prefer it to the sunny weather, because it is more interesting. They say when it’s sunny it’s just normal, plain, boring sky, but when you have rain or clouds it makes it more interesting…

Pshhh!! I disagree sooooo bad! If it were for me, I would be happy with 365 days of sunshine. And this is why I moved to California. Every day, when I wake up, I open the door and see the brightness of the green grass and the light blue sky, I hear the call of little birds singing, and if there are no cars around and I listen very carefully, sometimes I can even hear the sound of the waves crashing against the cliff. 

As I type... :)
As you probably realized if you live here, it was cloudy on Friday and it rained pretty much all day and night on Saturday. The forecast said the rain would have persisted throughout the weekend and until Monday. However, when I woke up this morning, I opened that door and guess what did I see? Sunshine! I mean, as I type right now, I am sunbathing shirtless and watching people running or biking to the ocean with their surfboard. How chill is that? 

What type of weather do you prefer?

Opening the door and seeing the “good weather” gives me motivation. When the weather is “bad” it usually makes me be in a “bad” mood…  I see the gray color of the sky and I lose my inspiration… I just don't feel like doing anything and end up wasting a lot of time. On the other hand, brightness charges me up with positive energy. I see the sun and I am immediately happy, and I know it’s going to be a great day.

And so today IS going to be a great Sunday, and I encourage you all to think positively because it is all you need to make your days great. For example, I have a lot of homework awaiting to be done this afternoon. I have to do my laundry, some cleaning around the house, and a few other chores that are very annoying. But hey, check it out: it’s sunny! It’s warm. I am in California, it could be worse. I am going to get all my homework and chores done, and I might squeeze in one hour of surfing too! 


Remember: stay positive and always appreciate what you have.

A presto,

- Fede

No comments:

Post a Comment