Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Miraculous!

Miraculous! My laptop healed itself!!! I am so happy.

As I mentioned before, two weeks ago on Friday I accidentally put my water bottle inside my backpack without closing it completely, and my laptop was sitting inside one or two inches of water for a good half hour. When I opened it up, my laptop was still on, but I watched it turning off a free minutes later. The next day I brought it to the Apple Store; surprisingly it was still charging, although the battery icon on my screen said “connected but not in charge” even when not connected, so I thought the battery broke. A part of the screen was completely ruined, and the USB port from the damaged side kept sending pop-up notification of it being disabled. The Apple technician gave my laptop an estimated 2 days before it would not turn on anymore. He said water damage is the worst thing that can happen to a laptop, other than it being thrown out the window… He also added that at least that would break it immediately, instead I have to see my water-damaged device still alive but slowly dying. 

His humor was not funny to me. 


When I went back a week later, the left part of the screen had stopped doing weird psychedelic stuff, instead it was just all plain green. The new technician told me there was nothing he could do to fix it, and said that if I didn't send it to the factory to fix it, it would eventually get worse or stop working once the water had completely damaged the logic board. I decided to take some time to think. Later that weekend, my laptop started healing itself! I could not believe it. First, it went back at doing weird psychedelic things like moving all the colors around. Then, it started having horizontal lines everywhere. One day, when I opened it, it looked perfect, but eventually it would get bad again. Now my MacBook Air is as good as new, without me spending a dime to fix it. I really hope it keeps it up and doesn't stop turning on as the technician warned me. At least I have it back now! I also bought an external hard drive so as long as I keep backing up my data from time to time, I shouldn't have to worry too much! 

That proves that sometimes luck is really all you need. I guess it also teaches that even the experts may not know the whole picture, so always take people’s advice with a grain of salt!

A presto,


- Fede

No comments:

Post a Comment