Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wednesdays

Today— like most Wednesdays— was another great day! Actually it’d be accurate to say “like most days,” because I really like my Tuesdays and Thursdays too, although they are very busy (on campus from 9am to 9pm), while on Monday and Wednesday I get much more time to rest. Wednesday is right in the middle of the week, and the free time gives me a chance to catch up, workout, and relax. 

I woke up later than usual, and went back to the Spartacus workout routine. It is so hard! 10 different full body exercises in a row, for 1 minute each, with 15 seconds rest in between each exercise. And you repeat the cycle three times. A 40-something minutes workout, it burns over 800 calories and boosts metabolism. Although it’s impossible to do from start to finish!— a lot of practice is needed for that! ;)

I also got a chance to call my parents on FaceTime, which reminded me of home. So I cooked myself some Italian pasta… Penne al pomodoro! (“Penne” pasta with tomato sauce). After that, I studied some Econ (test tomorrow) bounced a soccer ball with my roommates in the front yard, and then watched the clock… 

4:15 pm! Time to suit up, get my laptop, and catch the bus! One other reason why I love Wednesdays is that I get to see all my friends in the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society Leadership. As you must know if you read my posts last semester, PTK is the best experience I had since I moved to
Santa Barbara, and I love the people in the leadership team so much. Unfortunately, two of our leaders from last semester left, but I am excited to work together with the new leadership members.

PTK leadership picture from last semester.
Sebastian
Sebastian, my dear friend since last semester, is the new Vice President of Service. We met in a Geography class that we took for general education purposes, and I immediately liked his ambitious personality and friendly attitude. Now, other than being PTK leaders, we also are the leaders and founders of the Economic Club of Santa Barbara (ECSB), which is about to be popping!!! Sebastian is the President of the club, and he is doing such an outstanding job. Stay tuned for more info, and check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/sbeconomic/?fref=ts (and don't forget to hit the Like button!)

Amber
Amber is the new Vice President of Fellowship. She is from Belgium, and although I don’t know her too well yet, I am excited to have her on board and get to become friends! She is nice, professional, and interesting.


Diana











In addition, Diana will be our Vice President of Membership. This is a new position, that the Beta Gamma Upsilon Chapter (that means SBCC’s chapter of PTK) has created this semester to solve the problems that arose after the Phi Theta Kappa headquarters changed the rules of what we can and cannot do in terms of signing up new members and contacting them. Diana was in my Public Speaking Honors class, which was my favorite class ever, and she is always smiley and friendly.


I am very excited about the adventure that awaits all of us this semester, and I will definitely keep you posted!

A Presto,

- Fede

No comments:

Post a Comment