Sunday, February 7, 2016

All moved in!

Time goes by so fast when you are busy, and before I knew it, it’s already the end of week 3. It doesn't quiet feel this way. But perhaps it’s just because I was home with the flu during Week 1, and I spent Week 2 changing around my classes to fit a new schedule.

The latest news is that I finally moved to Isla Vista. It’s my last semester here, and my New Year’s resolution is that I want to learn to surf well. In addition, I have already taken most of the required classes, so I have a lighter course load this semester. As a result, I decided I ought to let myself experience Isla Vista before I leave! Many have warned me that it is going to negatively affect my grades, but I am responsible enough to be confident I will maintain my 4.0 GPA this semester. After all the work to earn it, it’s definitely not worth ruining it now!

The process of moving was like hell. Initially, I was supposed to move in with some friends in a beautiful house on the ocean, but the person whom I shall have replaced suddenly decided he would not leave. So I spent two weeks making phone calls and wandering in IV checking out houses and trying to work things out. One house was too dirty, one was too far, one had bad roommates, one was too expensive... At one point, I was about to give up! Eventually, I moved in a clean, nice house, in a good position and at an affordable price... But after just a few days, I wanted out! My roommate was a freak and he was mean to me. I would wake up sad, and I needed to find somebody to replace me in order to get back my deposit.

Then Facebook miraculously saved me, when I desperately published a post that I was looking for housing. A friend of mine contacted me that he was leaving, so I took his spot. The same day, I found somebody who happily replaced me and he is happy there. I was eventually able to find a living situation that makes me happy. The house is great, the neighborhood sweet, and my roommates are the best. I am so happy now.

My private part of the room :)
I am still in the process of "building up" my room, although right now it’s almost done. I got a bed,  some drawers, a nightstand... I am planning to hang a shelf, a whiteboard, and put up a door to separate my private space from the rest of the room. I share with one other guy, Brandon, and he is a really cool guy!

I will keep you posted on my new roommates and on the kind of experience you can expect in IV!
It looks messy but it's just an illusion

















A presto,


- Fede



No comments:

Post a Comment