Friday, February 12, 2016

S.Valentines with PTK and Macroeconomics.


Saint Valentine’s Day is approaching… And the Phi Theta Kappa leadership celebrated today with a themed event. We bought roses, chocolates, and candy; we set up a tent nearby the library, and decorated our station with heart-shaped balloons and St. Valentine’s signs. Then, for the whole day, we offered a free delivery service, where students could buy roses and other sweet gifts for about the same price we paid to buy them, and we would ask them to write a little note including their name, the name of their “loved one,” the classroom and time to find him/her. Then we, Phi Theta Kappa leaders and some members as well, delivered the gifts to the person inside their classrooms. 

Fortunately, SBCC professors are nice and friendly, so they were not too bothered by us interrupting their lectures to deliver roses. After all, it is a good deed
and they know we are a Honors Society and we are not trying to be invasive. This event was incredibly successful, and although early in the morning we were struggling to find “customers,” when I came back in the early afternoon after my classes all the roses were gone! We were sold out. Our advisers were very proud of our efforts and happy about the results and the positive impact that PTK made on our campus community today. As always, it was very fun to be around friends and do good together. 

Today I also had my first midterm. It was in my Microeconomics class. I am taking it on Thursdays from 6– 9pm. Although this could be challenging for some students, I love Economics, and I really wanted to be taught this subject by Professor Cynthia Benelli. She is such a great professor, because she makes each and every class engaging, clear, and fun! I am so happy I was able to have her as a teacher because she is teaching me the subject of Economics under a whole new perspective, which keeps me passionate about this fascinating discipline. If you are willing to stick around until late on Thursdays, I highly recommend taking Professor Benelli. She is knowledgable, fair, and so clear and engaging that I cannot stress it enough.
Add caption
In my Econ class I also had a chance to meet Alyssa, my new friend. She is a little crazy, which is the one characteristic that I love the most in people. “Crazy” people are unpredictable, fun, funny, and optimist, and really great to be around. I met her one night in class and she offered to give me a ride home. That was very nice of her. Now, she takes me to school in the mornings too, and I give her Stats tutoring when se needs it: since I tutor in the morning, we just go to the Math Lab together as soon as we get to school and it works out perfectly! Although I realize it might sound like a mere exchange of favors, it is not. I feel like a real and good friendship could flourish between us, because I really like her personality. Tonight, when we were driving home after the Econ exam, we stopped to grab a burger at In ’n’ Out, and we laughed a lot and had fun.

I hope this friendship can grow and develop :)

Tomorrow I am going to go visit Berkeley with my roommate. I am so excited, and I will keep you posted!


A presto, 

- Fede 

No comments:

Post a Comment