Monday, September 21, 2015

Here I am!

Hi there! My name is Federico, but my friends call me Fede.
SBCC: #1 Community College in the nation.

I am from Italy and I love my Land. However, traveling the world and studying abroad has taught me how wonderful it is to interconnect with other cultures and become a citizen of the world.

After finishing high school as an exchange student in Washington State, I was awarded a U.S. high school diploma, which allowed me to enroll in an American college. Never would I have thought to mature so much in one year as to feel comfortable leaving my country and beginning a new chapter of my life- after all, I was only 17 years young!
However, diploma in one hand and mouse in the other, I started hunting for colleges still accepting applications in June... I was looking for a multi-ethnic place where I could blend into the American culture while still breathing in an international vibe.

I was looking for a renowned college, which would offer me opportunities to explore my passions, and open for me the gates to a successful education and future. I was looking for a place where I could be myself and begin my American adventure. That's how I found Santa Barbara City College, #1 Community College in the nation.

As all of you current students know - and as all of you prospective students should notice - Santa Barbara City College is a rarely amazing place to be. The campus is gorgeous, right on the ocean. The weather is perfect, and everybody is friendly. The classes are challenging, and the professors very well prepared. If you get injured, somebody will take you to class on a golf kart. Isn't that amazing? Also, the college offers so many opportunities to demonstrate you leadership and express your talents, through volunteer, jobs, and several educational programs. 
An example of Santa Barbara diverse community :)

In addition, the Santa Barbara community is just perfect for you. How do I know? Because it is so welcoming, anybody would feel home. People are always happy and relaxed, and it's not uncommon for complete strangers to smile at you in the street or stop to have a short conversation. Furthermore, from hiking to surfing, there is a very wide range of activities to have fun with your friends. And don't forget that Santa Barbara students are also the best at night parties! ;)

My awesome international housemates!


One more thing I love about my life here is having awesome international housemates. We created ever-lasting relationships that unite us as a family.

In summation, I love studying at SBCC.


A vibrant, diverse, friendly community, this college offers opportunities for any type of interest. It will be on you to take advantage of them and seek the best for yourself. I myself am part of several Programs and extra-curricular activities at school, and I am excited to tell you more about them in my future posts.

- Fede

2 comments:

  1. Hi Federico.
    I love the picture with the seal.
    Good to hear from you.
    Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dr. Alsheimer!
    I didn't notice your comment before.
    Thank you, I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete