Saturday, November 21, 2015

An intnese morning.

What an intense morning! Don’t you just love when everything works out great and you get a lot of things done with minimal time waste? I think it’s a great feeling!

I stayed up late last night working on my personal statement for UC Berkeley Haas School of Business. My essay is too long. Nothing surprising there, I always exceed the word limit in every essay that I am assigned to. This is definitely a weakness that I am trying to work on, but as for this statement, last night it still was 200 words over the limit, and I loved each paragraph too much to cut one off. What I needed was for somebody else to read my essay: an external eye, somebody who hasn't done the work and therefore doesn't love it as much as I do. Somebody that doesn't know how long it took me to come up with one specific paragraph, and therefore has no problems pointing out that it doesn't fit or it’s not very meaningful. So I decided the best thing I could do was to get distracted (which in my personal language means eating food) and then I went to sleep.

Me 90% of the time.
This morning I woke up early, fueled on a rather sugary breakfast, and rode my bike to school. When I left home, I felt better than usual. I was happy. The sun was out, headphones in, I was ready for a great day. The first thing I did when I arrived to school was seeking help for my personal statement at the Transfer Academy. I had to wait for 40 minutes, which would have been a huge waste of time if I didn't have my laptop there. So I started working on my statement again… Eventually, they were able to help me an give me some useful suggestions! This ended at 9:40am, right on time for my next meeting: I had to meet with Jasmine, a representative from United Way of Santa Barbara County, to discuss the last details about the tournament coming up this Sunday. We also discussed some additional ideas. I started working on the new ideas immediately after the meeting. I met with Amy at the Office of Student Life to obtain some budget information, I designed a Phi Theta Kappa sign, and I went to Duplicating Office and got the sign printed out.
While getting this done as fast as possible, I was also recruiting a team to play in the tournament by texts, which worked! We now only need one more team! Finally, I ran to my adviser’s office, left the signs there, and got to work at 11 o’clock. Perfect timing! After that, the day continued pretty regularly; class was interesting, seeing my friends was pleasant, and biking home in the evening was chilly.
Overall, I am happy about today. I made some progress toward my event and I am really excited about it!



A presto,

- Fede

No comments:

Post a Comment