Friday, October 23, 2015

Keep your balance and stay healthy!

This period of the semester we are all very busy with midterms. Remaining focused and studying hard is important. But remember that having some balance and staying healthy is also fundamental.




If you know that Saturday night you won’t study anyway, make sure you actually go out and have fun. Always make the most of whatever time you have, because time is one of the most valuable things we have.

So my rule is: never waste time. If I am not studying, working, or doing anything else that I must do, I always make sure that I am employing my free time in the best possible way. So don’t get lazy, and if you’re free don’t just stay home and chill, but actually go spend some quality time outside! Notice, I said quality time. Whatever that means to you, try to get home safe! Here I am talking about balance, not suggesting to get wasted every night ;)  As long as you wake up conscious, getting distracted will definitely help you study better the next day!

Eating a healthy diet is also extremely important. I know unhealthy food is way easier and faster to make, but why don't you try to google healthy fast recipes? Perhaps the reason why you don't eat healthy sometimes is because you don't buy the right food. Learn more about what you put inside of you, and you will start adapting your choices to your tastes.

Finally, make sure you get enough sleep. Seriously. Don’t pull all-nighters, and don't study at night. Study in the morning. “But I have to” is an excuse, and it’s not true. Stop checking Facebook 15 times a day. Stop checking Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, and whatever apps consumes your life, and suddenly you'll have more time. Don’t multitask (fly-mode when you study, please) and you’ll get it done faster. Then you can check your notifications, and do whatever you like to do, and still go to bed at a decent time. “But I am just so busy…” Trust me, as an aspirant Ivy League transfer, I know something about being busy. It’s all about how focused you are. Get more sleep and I can promise you that you will be less distracted and get more stuff done.

There are innumerable studies that demonstrate that getting enough sleep and most importantly quality sleep is critical. And the best time to sleep is from 10pm to 6 am. I myself sleep from midnight to 8am, but the closer you are to the 10am-6am interval, the best it is. As you probably already know, sleeping will make you feel more relaxed the next day, will help you remember things better, and build you a stronger immunity system. Most curiously, sleeping time is also the time when your brain learns the most, and your muscles build tissues.

More on how to stay in shape in the next post. I will share some awesome workouts and condense what I know about the topic.

Time for dinner. Burger & chips or salmon & kale?

A presto,

- Fede


No comments:

Post a Comment