Thursday, November 26, 2015

A few pictures about the tournament.

If you haven't yet, read about this tournament in my previous post!

Here are a few pictures from last weekend’s event, the beach volleyball tournament to raise funds toward United Way of Santa Barbara County’s Educational Program.


 Hearing how my voice sounds in the microphone was very weird, but also kind of cool!
Reading the rules to the teams.



8 teams were supposed to show up, but unfortunately one couldn’t make it. This was particularly bad because it is way harder to organize a tournament with 7 teams, so I spent much time trying to figure out on the spot how to make it work and what teams should have played against each other.
Student Ambassadors team killing the Student Senate!
When I wasn't at the mic, organizing paper, or planning the next games, I allowed myself to have some fun! The Phi Theta Kappa team had plenty of players, so I joined the Ambassadors team, which for 4th place… Not too bad lol!
Serve!
We like to joke around when with friends :)

 We also had delicious food provided for free, courtesy of our sponsor El Sitio, local Mexican restaurant owned by very nice individuals. :)

In the picture to the left, there's me eating a chicken taquito with my friend Adam. He's one of my best friends :)

 Definitely one of my favorite features of working  in Phi Theta Kappa is how much love there is.

That's just sweet. <3
 And here are two other studs whose contribution on the day of the event was of great importance. Vasu was our spectacular DJ, and Stephanie took care of teams registrations and liability waivers.

Every PTK leader made a contribution to this event, and we also had a huge number of volunteers who contacted me and were eager to help out. Their contribution was fundamental in running the show, as they improvised as referees, score-keepers, and helped with set-up and clean up. I am sort of a control-freak, meaning I need to know exactly what's going on and that everything is perfect, and I often end up wanting to do all the work. This experience has also helped me in my attempt to address this weakness, because it forced me to start relying more on other people, assigning tasks and trusting them to do it right!



To conclude, here is a video produced by PTK historian and photographer Ida Dahlgren. For best quality, I suggest you click here to watch HD it on Youtube. It's really worth clicking haha! Enjoy! :)

A presto,

- Fede

No comments:

Post a Comment